this is the Second Announcement of the Seventh AGILE Workshop
THE BRIGHT GAMMA-RAY SKY
to be held in Frascati, ASDC-ESRIN
Conference Hall - ESA/ESRIN, Frascati
29 September - 1 October, 2009
The Workshop is aimed at providing an overview of the most relevant recent discoveries in gamma-ray astrophysics, with particular emphasis on the multifrequency (radio, optical, X-ray, gamma-ray and TeV) observations of cosmic sources. We will also focus on how to strengthen the multifrequency response to alerts originating from the gamma-ray experiments.
A series of talks will cover the following topics:
* High energy properties and modelling of AGNs with emphasis on the brightest gamma-ray blazars and multifrequency campaigns.
* Our Galaxy: high-resolution gamma-ray observations and diffuse emission.
* Pulsars, pulsar wind nebulae and Supernovae Remnants.
* Galactic jet sources and black holes.
* Colliding Wind Binaries.
* Gamma-Ray properties of GRBs.
* Terrestrial Gamma-Ray Flashes.
A special session will be devoted to the discussion of current and future multifrequency programs of high-energy sources.
Information on the logistics and a preliminary Workshop program (to be updated shortly) can be found at the webpages:
The Scientific Organizing Committee (SOC)
A. Argan, G. Barbiellini, A. Bulgarelli, P. Caraveo, S. Colafrancesco, E. Costa, E. Del Monte, G. Di Cocco, M. Feroci, A. Giuliani, P. Giommi, F. Longo, M. Marisaldi, A. Pellizzoni, P. Picozza, C. Pittori, L. Salotti, M. Tavani (Chair), S. Vercellone
The Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
C. Pittori, P. Santolamazza, F. Verrecchia, E. Striani, M. Giusti E. Scalise, G. Ardizzoia, M.E. Pennisi (secretary), P. D'Angeli (webmaster), S. Colafrancesco