darkearth --- Filter for linearized event files
darkearth levfile=filename [parameter=value ...]
darkearth is a simple script that filters a linearized event file
(_lev.fits) using a boolean expression to select dark earth events
and updates its GTI extension. Output files are the filtered event file
(_lev_dark.fits) and the GTI file used to filter it
The basic filtering operations are performed by
the FTOOLS modules maketime and fltime. This script
is used by the saxpipe during
stage 4 of MECS data reduction.
The following command line parameters are recognized by the program:
- levfile = "" [string: linearized event file]
- a linearized event file name (_lev.fits).
- outdir = "./" [string: any]
- The output directory for the filtered file.
- earth = -3 [real: <0]
- the maximum angle allowed between the earth terminator and the
spacescraft Z axis (negative values mean that an occultation occurs).
- bearth = 3 [real: >0]
- the minimum angle allowed between the bright earth terminator and the
spacescraft Z axis.
- cormin = 10 [real: >0]
- the minimum value allowed of magnetic cut-off rigidity.
- help = no [boolean: yes|no]
- A boolean flag which, when set to yes triggers that the program
prints out a brief on-screen description of all available command line
parameters together with the current program version number and exits
- Filter the linearized event file fot_M1_lev.fits.
Author: A. Matteuzzi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This page is maintained by
Fabrizio Fiore and