The Scientific Analysis Component of SDC
The SAX Science Data Center is the main interface between the SAX project
and the scientific community.
The SDC is composed of two main parts:
- The Scientific Analysis Component (SAC)
- The Mission Support Component (MSC).
It is responsible for the following activities:
- General support to the scientific community and
Guest Observer Facility.
- Proposal management.
- Support to the SAX Time Allocation Committee (TAC).
- Mission planning.
- Raw Data archival.
- Quick look analysis for instrument health monitoring and
- Real-time access to the science data.
- Data analysis Software development, integration and update.
- Cross calibration of instruments.
- Management of calibration data and information.
- Maintenance of catalogs and archives of astronomical data.
- Creation and maintenance of the archive of all SAX observations.
- Creation of a result database.
- Data and calibration distribution.
The BeppoSAX SDC is located in Rome, Italy at the following addresses
Via Corcolle 19
I00131 Roma, Italy
telephone +39 6 4079 6307
fax +39 6 4079 6291
ASI Science Data Center (ASDC)
Via G. Galilei
I00044 Frascati, Italy
telephone +39 6 94180 871
fax +39 6 94180 872
Please address any questions/suggestions to:
Mantained by P. Giommi.
Last update April 11, 2001